Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Empty Nester

On Friday September 19 Brian and I became offical empty nesters. We helped Danessa to move into her dorm at the University of Cincinnati. Here are pictures of Danessa saying goodbye to Maria.




It still amazes me how light she packs. We moved her in with 4 boxes, 1 5x8 carpet, 1 plastic storage container with drawers and 1 suitcase. She felt she packed too much. Once we got there, she realized she was no where close to what others had packed. It only took us 2 trips and we didn't need any help from the students assigned to help. We got there and got her room unpacked and set up in 1 1/2 hrs! The only thing that was missing was pictures because she forgot her putty. We went to CVS and got putty and I helped her hang up her pictures. Here are some before and after pictures of her dorm room.


The beautiful purple quilt is a gift from her Young Women's leaders. They know how much she loves purple. She likes the song, "Come, Come Ye Saints" and she made a poster with the words to put up in her room. These posters are some of her favorite ones from Young Women's.

She went to the Singles Ward on Sunday September 28 and really enjoyed it. She got lost and was 1/2 hr late so she missed sacrament meeting (she waited in the foyer) and she went to Sunday School and Relief Society. I asked her how the members were and she said they are just as friendly as the ones in the Columbus singles ward. She said it is a lot smaller and the people seem older, there doesn't seem to be 18, 19 or 20 year olds. I am so grateful for the church and the fellowship she has been shown from the Columbus Singles ward and now the Cincinnati one.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How are you doing without her?! I loved those pictures- and her room looks great!! Does she know her roomate? Glad she liked the ward there- it is always scary at first, but she is so outgoing, she will make friends instantly. So glad she is good- and I want to chat soon, so call me when you get time!!
Love you!

cassanthemum said...

She really is so grown up. so are you sad empty nesters. or wooohooo! walk around the house naked empty nesters?

Suzanne said...

You must be so proud. She looks like an amazing Young Woman. I would love to have someone with her spirit in our ward young women's class. What an example she will be to many.