Monday, May 11, 2009

"It's seasoned with the dust from the pilars of heaven"

Okay, what does that mean? Here's the background.

A couple of years ago, my boss told me about this really nice steak resturant called Ruth Chris's. Well, our bank has these reward points and as I was looking to redeem some points, I saw we could get a $100 gift card! So I ordered it and we went for our 21st wedding anniversary. It was awesome. We still ended up spending about $20 but it was the best money we spent!!! We loved it so much that I ordered another gift card for last year and ordered one for this year. We decided to go early because they had a promotion for Mother's day. Mom's get a $25 gift card towards their next purchase. So our meal was basically free!!!

Well, Brian and I went to the resturant on Saturday night. We were enjoying these wonderful steaks and I wondered out loud what they used for seasonings. So with a mouth full of steak and a look of wonder on his face he says,

"It's seasoned with the dust from the pillars of heaven."

I almost fell off my chair laughing. He said he just came up with it. We told our waiter who laughed and told other staff. By the time we left, the manager had even came over to laugh with us. Brian said he should hurry up and patent that saying before they steal it from him!!!

No comments: