Friday, May 8, 2009

Hocking Hills

I've been "advised" that I need to update my blog so here goes!

Brian and I decided to go on an overnight trip to Hocking Hills. We rented this really neat cabin and we hiked the Cedar Falls trail on Monday and the Old Man's Cave trail on Tuesday. It was one of the best (relaxing) vacations I've ever had. We are planning on going back and renting the cabin for 2 nights for our anniversary.

It's amazing because we've lived in Columbus about 10 years and have never been there. It's only 1 to 1 1/2 hrs away and is a good way to spend a Saturday. So that is our goal this summer. We will not lay around the house on Saturday (remember we can do that because we are empty nesters!) and we will go hike some trails!

On to pictures.
This is our first view of the cabin. I fell in love with it right away. Isn't it cute?




Here are pictures of the inside.



And a picture of the picnic area beside the cabin.


We chilled out

Hiked


And enjoyed the hot tub


Wanna know how much I enjoyed the trip? This is a picture Brian took of us outside the cabin as we were leaving. Look at how relaxed my face is! (Brian calls this my vacation face:)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am so happy you got a get-a-way!! What a wonderful time it looks like you had- I am dying to hear more and talk to you!! I will call you this week!
Love you!