Friday, January 23, 2009

The Inauguration

I have been in such a good mood (as good as I can be!) since Tuesday. What a blessing to be able to see such a great part of history unfold. Think of the questions our grandchildren will ask about that day! As I've watched or read all of the follow up regarding the inauguration, one thing seems to jump out at me all the time.

The Obama's really LOVE each other!

Okay, let me explain. I've seen them together many of times but for some reason, when I watched them at the ball, the two of them dancing, I really got the sense that Barack and Michelle truly love each other. Did you see the interaction between the two? That is not scripted. When I looked at them it made me feel really good. I didn't see any phoniness, I saw 2 people in love.

How do I say this without seeming like a jerk? When I looked at them, I saw my relationship with Brian. Not that we're perfect or whatever, but I have the feeling when they are together, they laugh. I believe they actually enjoy being together. I know Brian and I enjoy being together and we laugh and have fun. Not just when other people are around but all the time. When I saw the Obama's, I realized that if they were in our ward, or possibly even stake, Brian and I would probably be good friends with them. I can see them hanging out with us on Saturday night watching B movies and laughing.

I feel like the Obama's are portraying to the world what a truly loving couple and what a loving family they are. When all is said and done, isn't that what life is about?

Families.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I missed it, actually, but I totally agree with you on the love factor they share. You can see it in her smile, I think more than anything else. She is a lovely first lady.

lish cook said...

you are sooo funny.....you are the only person I know that will look at a pic and not only know where the cake came from, but the specific cake that it is.....call me

Liza said...

exciting changes are coming for sure. I watched it too. His first day and he is closing Gitmo and talking pay raise freezes at the white house.wow, talk about jumping in. i am excited to see how it all unfolds.that would have been a good girls trip, to DC for that.history in the making!

cassanthemum said...

yeah, I believe you are right about them. they looked like real partners on the dnce floor. not like Bill and Hillary (poltical partners) but partners in life (marriage, family, and love)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh your family looks so good. Your kids are all grown up and beautiful and handsome! I miss you guys! I just want to give a shout out to you I am in Young womens right now and I just want to apologize for all the hell I put you through when you where my leader! I think this is Gods way of getting back at me! :) Love Ya!

Britt said...

Luved the family pictures!! How fun!!