Monday, January 12, 2009

Meeting old friends

Brian and I ran into an old friend of ours from the Lima Ward. We moved to Columbus in 1996 and haven't him or his wife since since 2000 or 2001. We walk into sacrament meeting and there's this guy making faces at us and I swear, my face must've lit up like a light bulb. His name is Bill Davis and his wife is Lynda. They have 5 kids, 4 boys and 1 girl. His only daughter, Loralee, is now in our ward. The sad thing is she's been in our ward for 6 months and I didn't put 2 & 2 together until I saw her and Bill together. Her first Sunday in our ward was a Sunday that I talked when we were at the old Grove City Building. She said she thought she recognized me but wasn't sure. Considering she was like 7 0r 8 when we left, that's impressive. Their oldest son Ryan was also there with his wife of 1 year, Sarah. They were visiting Loralee, her husband and their daughter. Bill & Lynda's youngest is 17 so they're about to be empty nesters soon. One son is on a mission in Las Vegas and the other just got off of a mission.

I kind've knew a little of what was going on in their lives through Christmas letters and it's funny that I knew Loralee got married and had a baby girl but didn't put 2 & 2 together. Bill & Lynda still live in New Bremen, Ohio and they are now part of a branch that broke off after we left. We had some great times with them. We skipped sunday school so we could catch up and it was just like we never left. Lynda wasn't able to make it there for church because in their small branch, she has 3 callings and couldn't leave.

I am really looking forward to getting together again now that they have an excuse to come up and visit! I was flying high yesterday! It's great to see old friends.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that the Church makes the world so small!! I remember you running into a lady at the Temple from Lima! Love all the connections- and how neat that their daughter is in your ward now!

Tina said...

You have a wonderful memory. That was a few years ago and that was so cool!