Here's how my day went:
Brian worked on Mother's Day so on Saturday he brought me an ice cream cake from DQ (even though I told him I was going to start yet another diet on Monday). Did I eat that cake? You bet I did and it was goooood. And yes, I'm continuing to eat a piece every day. (Not that I want to but just to show him I appreciate what he did!!)
Danessa stayed over at her friends house after prom on Saturday and when I woke up Sunday, I woke to the smell of bacon. I was thinking, "Hmmm.... I guess I really did make it to the celestrial kingdom!!" I don't know why I was surprised that Danessa would make sure she was home to make me breakfast. Since she was a little girl and first learned how to cook, she's always made me pancakes on Mother's Day. The pancakes she makes are in the shape of an I then a heart, then the letter U. Isn't that sweet? And every year it just makes me want to cry. So we're in my bed eating and she tells me all about the prom. When we get done eating she gives me a card and I read it and I couldn't say anything. I was speechless. Please bare with me because I just have to share this. I know she won't get mad that I posted it because she doesn't have time to read my blog!
You're My Mother And My Friend
Today brings special thoughts, of how much you've always meant to me
and how important you are in my life.
I love you for always being there as my mother and my friend.
Happy Mother's Day- Hope It's as Special as You Are
Isn't that sweet? But wait, it gets even better.
She wrote:
Words cannot express how much you mean to me!
Nothing I do could ever make up for the years of compassion and service.
You pick me up when I'm down, encourage me to be my best, and laugh along side me.
If I was given the choice to choose anyone as my mother, It would be you all over again!
One of the qualities she gets from Brian is her ability to pick out cards. Over the years, he has always picked out wonderful and appropriate cards for whatever is going on in my life at that time. (Where as I'll just grab a card and give it to him and realizes later that it says, "To a wonderful grandmother!", okay, maybe I'm not that bad but you get the picture.
Ladies, when you are living in the daily trenches of motherhood and feeling tired and not believing you're making a difference, let me tell you, you are. It's a shame that the world doesn't value motherhood the way that we do in our church. It really is a sacred and wonderful calling.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

3 comments:
How sweet. Thank you for sharing that, Tina!
That was sooo nice- especially the ice cream cake! Kidding! I love Danessa, and that is the sweetest tribute, if you will, for a teenage girl, no less, for her mother! Such a darling gem, she is! Dana, too, has a knack for writing me cards and expressing his love and thoughts to me- I used to do the whole card thing, but gave up when the crazies came and just gave gifts, but this year for our 10 year, I wrote him a letter, and he cried for 5 minutes- I guess I should do that more often! I do love the men we have! (most of the time, right?!)
I always felt Danessa was a special girl. She gets it from you. What a great daughter.
Post a Comment