Well, low and behold, this year we have eggs again. Since mom came back, she's a part of the family so we decided to name her. Danessa came up with Quacky McQuacken. I think it suits her well! We (okay me) are anxiously awaiting the birth of our ducklings any day now. I check everyday to see if they've hatched . I have the camera on our stairs so whoever is home can grab it and take a picture of our blessed event!! More to come!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Quacky McQuacken
Last year Danessa spotted some eggs in a bush of ours. She called to me to take a look and I automatically said, "It's snake eggs!". Well, Danessa assured me that a snake couldn't lay eggs that were that big. So we figured it must be duck eggs (a clue was the fact that a duck had been hanging out in our yard). Well, last year she laid 9 and she sat on them non stop for about 2- 2 1/2 wks and the eggs hatched while Brian and I were on our cruise. Danessa saw them and said the mom and ducklings walked to our driveway, pooped and then walked off. How dare they! Especially after all we did for them.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is so amazing! Do you feel like a new mom all over again?! It's a good thing we don't have to sit on our eggs for that long- my butt would be tired- if we had unlimited m&m's- maybe!!
I love the name! Can't wait to see more pictures of the little chicks!
How fun! A mommy duck laid eggs in the atrium at my son's preschool. They hatched a few weeks ago and we've been watching them. Today they were in a little tub of water swimming around. I'm glad my babies don't grow as quickly as these baby ducks do. I'll be watching for updates:)
That is so neat. Maybe you will have baby duckies every year.
Post a Comment