Monday, April 28, 2008

Huge Life Changes

My father in law, Charles, came to live with us on Wednesday. He is 83 years old, a diabetic and he can't live by himself. Brian's sister went to court to have him deemed incompetent and she became his conservator or whatever it is called. Charles was not notified that this was happening and now he is angry (which I completely understand). He's not angry at Brian, thank goodness, but his hostility towards the sister is tangible. Charles thinks he can live by himself (after this week we realized that is not possible). He is convinced there is a conspiracy against him so the fighting begins. Please pray for us as we adjust to this period of our lives.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I had no idea, Tina! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for sure. I bet it is very challenging to care for an older person, who doesn't really want to be cared for, right? Please call me and let me know if I can help in any way! I have to run, but I will be home later, so call me when you can!
I love ya! you are a saint!!