Friday, April 25, 2008

What Is Important To Me?

That was a question that Danessa asked me the other night. We were watching a TV show and some guy was accused of doing something that was described in a book he wrote. The police said they were told he was at a party talking about his book to people. I told Danessa that's not fair because when I'm at a party and I meet people I don't know, I talk about what's important to me. She asked me what was important to me. At first I laughed because I thought she was joking but she wasn't. I said what do you think and she said well I know work isn't important but M&M's are. I said yeah they are but they are like number 4 on the list:)

I told her to look around and tell me what she sees. On my walls are pictures of who is important to me, my family.
Brian and I discussed this later on and I was really upset because I thought I had failed as a mother. Did I not convey to my children how much they mean to me? When I told them, "I love you" did I ever tell them how much they really mean to me?




I don't know, when I see these smiling faces and I think of all the love and kisses I gave I think, "Maybe I wasn't such a bad mother. I was a woman who choose the divine calling of motherhood and I did the very best that I could."

BTW- Danessa felt really bad.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

They know you love them, are you kidding?! You are a fantastic mother, and so loving in more ways than I can count! Those pictures are what you emulate and what you are all about! I knew that the moment I met you and have loved you ever since. You are amazing, and your kids and hubby of course know that!

I am Laura said...

These pictures are awesome and they know you love them. I didn't figure out how much my mom loves me until I had children of my own. Wait till they are a mom and dad and they will say, "Wow mom you were wonderful."