I was looking at my boss' wedding album one day and spotted this good looking guy. I asked who it was, she said that's my husband's best friend, Brian. I can fix you up. Well me, Carolyn (my boss) and her husband Greg all schemed to get me and Brian together. The only problem was no one included him in on the scheme! Greg brought Brian by the salon (I was a beautician) to meet me and I knew about it but no one told Brian. We also had a date on Memorial Day that year that Brian showed up for yet he didn't know about it! I had so much fun hanging with Brian and Greg. I wasn't a good beautician so I had a lot of time on my hands. The guys would come to the salon and we would spend hours laughing and carrying on (I told you I wasn't very good). Brian decided to go into the Air Force and he left for basic training in December of 1984. He asked if he could write me and the rest is history!
We had a long distance relationship and he came to stay with me while he was on leave for 3 weeks in October of 1985. My parents, grandmother and favorite aunt that he met all approved of him because he had a job (long story)! He left to go to Fairchild AFB, Wa. When he left, I felt like a part of me had left. He called me when he got to Fairchild and asked me to marry him (yes, over the phone). I said yes and we were married July 26, 1986. Brian has been a good husband, provider and then a great father over these last 21 and some odd years. He was compared to my father by my family and I never thought I would say this but he's a much better father than my Pops was. He has been the rock in our family and when we decided to have kids he supported my decision to stay home with them (even though he had to work 2 jobs) and supported my getting part time employment when they were young for my own sanity!
Brian with Keith in the hospital
Brian holding Danessa on the day of her blessing
Brian has always had a wonderful relationship with the kids. He is the one who got on the floor and wrestled with them as well as all of the joking and clowning around. I was the parent they turned to if they needed something done, he was the one they turned to for fun!

And finally, these are two of the best pictures that I love with Brian showing his playfulness. I am so blessed to be able to have a husband who is a great father as well as a great husband. I know that my kids love and respect their father as much as I did mine.





1 comment:
I just got goosebumps while reading that!! I loved it!! I didn't know much about your story, but this was great!! I love each and every picture, and I love Brian, too!! I have always seen him be a loving father and husband, and you are so lucky and blessed!! That was great, just great!!!
PS- I hope you had a great birthday this week, and hope you got my card!! I can't wait to see you soon!!
Post a Comment