Friday, June 27, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise

We found out on June 19th that our division of Ashland, Casting Solutions, will be entering in on a joint venture agreement with a company in the UK titled Sud Chemie. What this means is once this goes through, they're taking about late this year, early next, then we will no longer be a part of Ashland. The headquarters for the new company will be in the Netherlands. The majority of the people here in Casting Solutions have been a part of Ashland for over 20 years. We have several people who are only a year from retirement. Their challenge is to find another position within Ashland because if they stay with the new company, they will not be able to retire from Ashland. The only solution would be for Ashland to buy them out but then they would have the problem of trying to find another job. I really feel bad for them. You can imagine how much buzz is going on around here.

I'm fortunate because I've only been here 4 years so I don't have a lot invested. I'll continue working for many many many many more years before I can retire. It's weird because normally I stress about stuff (any stuff) but this time I'm not. I don't know what the Lord has planned for me but whatever it is, my goal is to stay worthy to enjoy the blessings!!!

2 comments:

Es Wells said...

I hope everything works out. it seem that trails come in all shapes and sizes. you have such a great attitude, Tina. your right, the more stuff we go through it is like, "bring it on". you just want whatever can be thrown at you because you know from experience that it makes you stronger. I hope someday soon I can stop all the stressing too....

Kelly said...

That is crazy! I had no idea that was happening at work for you! you always know how to see the best through bad situations, and this will be no different= you will find out what you need to do and you will succeed at it, just as you have before! You are amazing!