Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Graduation Party

The month of May was a whirlwind for us. We had prom, stellars, graduation party, graduation and then the cruise. It flew by so fast. Danessa decided last year that she didn't want a graduation party because she'd rather go on a cruise. So that was our gift to her. Well, her friend Ally was going to have one and her mother, Kelly, suggested we do one together since the girls have pretty much the same group of high school friends. I asked Danessa if that's what she wanted and she said she didn't care. Well, we decided to and Kelly added Ally's boyfriend Justin into the mix just because. Here's a pic of the sign they made


the cake
And a collage of pictures of her

We could not have asked for a better day, it was sunny shiny and beautiful, not to hot, not too cold. We had it at the Arrowood's house because they have a lot of property and we would be able to have it outside. Brian grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and everyone stood around and talked or played volleyball, corn row etc... The girls decided the theme would be retro since this is their last bash before adulthood so they played all kinds of games.





We were blessed to have so many friends come and share in her exciting day. At the end of the night the Arrowoods, Kelly & Craig, and Brian and I were sitting around talking. Craig commented that there were a lot of kids. I said that's what happens when there's a bunch of Mormon's! He said were all the people that showed up for Danessa church people? I said yes. He was surprised and impressed. It really does cement the fact that our ward is our family.





And last but not least, a picture of all of us with the Arrowoods, Craig, Kelly and Ally.




1 comment:

Kelly said...

That was a fantastic Graduation Party! I had a great time with you and all of our ward family!! I am glad Danessa and her friends had fun, too! I love the pictures, not the one of me eating, but the ones of you and everyone else!! It was a busy month, now when will you post cruise pics?! Dying to see those, too!!